Information for Re-enactors
Registration forms are for individuals. Please complete one form for each participant and be sure to include the number of family members accompanying you. Merchants should fill out a separate merchant registration form, which may be obtained by contacting the Museum.
Registration deadline: MAY 31, 2014
Online Registration Form now available.
Information About the Re-enactment
IMPORTANT: Report to the registration desk near the
park entrance to confirm your attendance and to pick up the meal tickets for you and your family.
- Saturday and Sunday, June 7 and 8 - The Re-enactment of the Battle of Stoney
- See Schedule of Events for details
The following will be provided for the weekend:
- Ticket for one meal during the weekend, for those who have pre-registered.
- Breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning, for those who have pre-registered.
- Firewood, fire pit trays, water connections and straw on site.
- Overnight security.
The Cast Iron Cook-Off"
War of 1812 re-enactor cooks will create an unforgettable period dish from a set of staple ingredients, plus one mystery ingredient.
A distinguished panel of judges will critique their work. The winner will be awarded $100 cash, provided by the Friends of Battlefield House Museum.
- Interested parties must contact the Museum to register by Monday, June 2, 2014.
- Registered participants must report to the Registration desk at the Re-enactment of the Battle of Stoney Creek in order to pick up their ingredients.
- Once the ingredients have been picked up, participants have until 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 7 to prepare their dish.
- The mystery ingredient must be used in some way in the preparation of the dish.
- You will be allowed to use any additional ingredients that you bring with you. Meat of any kind is not allowed.
- At 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 7, participants must report to the tent beside the Nash-Jackson House with their dish.
- At 4:30 p.m., the judges will critique the dishes on presentation, taste and creativity and the winner will be announced.
Off-site parking is located at Green Acres School.
Map and Directions
Directions to Battlefield House Museum:
Address: 77 King Street West, Stoney Creek, Ontario Canada.
Use this map to Battlefield House Museum & Park to plan your trip to the site.
The Re-enactment site map is below.
Download a larger version for printing (pdf).
Every year the Re-enactment of the Battle of Stoney Creek is held in June.
2015 - June 5 to 7
2016 - June 3 to 5
2017 - June 2 to 4