Information for Re-enactors
The City of Hamilton - Hamilton Civic Museums is collecting the information on this form in order to fulfill your registration for the Re-enactment of the Battle of Stoney Creek event. Your personal information will only be used and/or disclosed for the purposes for which we are obtaining your consent, or as permitted or required by law. For more information about how your personal information is collected, stored and used, read the City of Hamilton's Privacy Agreement.
All fields are required to properly process your registration. Registration is for individuals only. All participants age 16 and over must register individually (those age 16 and 17 require a parent/guardian on site to sign waiver forms).
Please complete one form for each participant and be sure to include the number of family members accompanying you. Merchants should fill out a separate merchant registration form, which may be obtained by contacting the Museum.
Registration deadline: MAY 27, 2016
Online Registration Form now available.
Information about the Re-enactment
IMPORTANT: Report to the registration desk near the
park entrance to confirm your attendance and to pick up the meal tickets for you and your family.
- PLEASE NOTE:
"HISTORY IN ACTION DAY", the annual education day for students, will be taking place on:
- Thursday June 2, 2016 from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm
- Re-enactors Trading Post will be offered at the rear of the Nash Jackson Building on Saturday and Sunday
- Re-enactment Dates & Times:
- Saturday June 4, 2016 - 10 am to 9:30 pm
- Sunday June 5, 2016 - 10 am to 4:30 pm
- See Schedule of Events for details
The following will be provided for the weekend:
- A bag lunch on Thursday, June 2 for those who participate in History in Action Day
- A BBQ lunch on Friday, June 3 for those who participated at History in Action Day
- Ticket for one meal on either Saturday or Sunday, for those who have pre-registered.
- Breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning, for those who have pre-registered.
- Firewood & fire pit trays
- Water connections on site
- Overnight security Thursday, Friday and Saturday
The Cast Iron Cook-Off
War of 1812 re-enactor cooks will create an unforgettable period dish from a set of staple ingredients, plus one mystery ingredient.
A distinguished panel of judges will critique their work. The winner will be awarded $100 cash, provided by the Friends of Battlefield House Museum.
- Interested parties must contact the Museum to register by Friday May 27, 2016.
- Registered participants must report to the Registration desk at the Re-enactment of the Battle of Stoney Creek in order to pick up their ingredients.
- Once the ingredients have been picked up, participants have until 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 4 to prepare their dish.
- The mystery ingredient must be used in some way in the preparation of the dish.
- You will be allowed to use any additional ingredients that you bring with you. Meat of any kind is not allowed.
- At 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 4, participants must report to the tent beside the Nash-Jackson House with their dish.
- At 4:30 p.m., the judges will critique the dishes on presentation, taste and creativity and the winner will be announced.
Reenactors' Consignment Event without the fee!
Sell your outgrown or no longer used kit or camp equipment
And/or pick up some second-hand bargains!
**No tentage or weapons, please**
- Friday 7:30 p.m. until dark
(bring and price your items)
- Saturday 9:00 am
- Saturday 9:30am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm - 5:00pm
- Sunday 9:30am- 12:00 noon
Off-site parking is located at Green Acres School.
Re-enactors may set up in Battlefield Park during the following times only:
- Wednesday, June 1, after 12 noon.
- Thursday, June 2, from 7 am to 8:30 am and after 2:30 pm
No set-up will be allowed between 9 am and 2:30 pm on Thursday, when over 1,000 students will be on-site for History in Action Day. All vehicles and trailers must be removed from Battlefield Park by 8:30 am or else they will be tagged and towed at the owner's expense.
- Friday, June 3, after 10 am
- Saturday, June4, before 8:30 am
All vehicles and trailers must be removed from Battlefield Park by 8:30 am on Saturday, or they will be tagged and towed at the owner's expense.
You may begin moving out as soon as the event closes at 4:30 pm on Sunday. Vehicles will not be permitted on-site until this time
Map and Directions
Directions to Battlefield House Museum:
Address: 77 King Street West, Stoney Creek, Ontario Canada.
Use this map to Battlefield House Museum & Park to plan your trip to the site.
The Re-enactment site map is below.
Download a larger version for printing (pdf).
Every year the Re-enactment of the Battle of Stoney Creek is held in June.
2017 - June 2 to 4
2018 - June 1 to 3